Increase your awareness of Nutrition and Health with our 2-day course in Grimsby.
Our next course is delivered on Wednesday 9th and Thursday 17th October.
Who is the course suitable for?
It’s ideal for people who would like to gain a better understanding of health and nutrition for their own well-being or to help them pursue a career in the educational, care or hospitality sectors.
- Planning and achieving a healthy diet
- How an individual’s dietary requirements change throughout their life
- Food labelling and the ability to use information from food labels
- Eating disorders and the role of a health diet for weight management
- The principles of food safety in a home environment
Units covered on the Level 2 course:
- Explore principles of healthy eating
- Consider nutritional needs of a variety of individuals
- Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
- The principles of weight management
- Understanding eating disorders
- Principles of food safety for the home environment
The tutors and everyone else in the building are just absolutely lovely - Annie Woodage
This is a 2 day course.
Learning will run 9:30am-3:30pm on 9th October and 17th October.
You will receive a lunch break 12:30-1:00pm.
Why should you do the course?
The knowledge you gain during the training will help you to understand the principles of healthy eating and the role of food in maintaining health. This knowledge can be used in everyday life as well as in a number of roles.
Who is this course suitable for
It’s ideal for people who would like to gain a better understanding of health and nutrition for their own wellbeing or to help them pursue a career in the educational, care or hospitality sectors.
What are the entry requirements?
A good level of English – therefore it’s recommended at least a Level 1 qualification or GCSE pass in the subject.
How long does the course take?
The qualification takes two full workshop days to complete and these are delivered on Wednesday 9th and Thursday 17th October.