How to become a School Business Manager
Our career advice page will tell you everything you need to know about becoming a School Business Manager.
A School Business Manager is responsible for assisting the headteacher/principal and senior leadership team in the day-to-day running of the school. This will include creating marketing and communication strategies and managing the budget to help the school run efficiently.
- Attending meetings
- Budget management
- Staff recruitment
- Develop strategies
- Ensure procedures are adhered to
What Qualifications Do I Need to be a School Business Manager?
- For a Level 2 School Business Manager course, you may need 2 GCSEs at 9-3 (A*-D)
- For a Level 3 School Business Manager course, you may need 4 GCSEs at 9-4 (A*-C)
- For an apprenticeship, you may need 5 GCSEs at 9-3 (A*-C)
We offer a online Level 2 School Business Manager course package which includes …. Click here to find out more.
Work experience for a School Business Manager
You can gain relevant School Business Manager work experience through working with children, examples of this are:
- Experience as secretary/school administrator
- Experience as a manager
- Experience leading a successful project
- Business related jobs
Please note you may require a DBS check.
Tip: Make sure the experience is with a similar age group as the children you would be working with as a School Business Manager.
What Skills Does a School Business Manager Need?
You’ll need a range of skills for a School Business Manager role. These include:
- Excellent communication and listening
- Ability to remain calm
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to be able to build relationships
- Business management skills